Thursday, September 17, 2009

Do you still tip?

When I was young, when me and my father would eat in a restaurant or maybe go to the barbershop. My father always give a tip. I didn't ask why he would do it, but he always gives a tip. Now that I'm all grown up, I keep asking myself do we need to tip? I mean do we give tips to waiters, barbers or bellboys. We all know they are paid to do that. Although most of them are below minimum wage.
I ask my mom if she also tips a person for his services, and she said sometimes, especially if the person giving service to her is well mannered and quick to do the task. She said tipping is just her way of saying "Nice job" or "Well done".
Me i only give a tip when i go to the barber shop hahaha, especially if the barber really did a good job of trimming my hair. But when it comes to restaurants i don't give tip, i just don't. Correct me if I'm wrong about this, but restaurant usually include a service charge on your bill, I think its about 10%.
How about you? do you tip?
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...