Ever heard of Lasik?? It is a type of refractive surgery for correcting myopia, hyperropia and astigmatism. Lasik or laser in-situ keratomileusis, which uses a laser to change the curvature of the cornea. With Lasik laser vision correction surgery you can stop wearing those eye glasses or those high maintenance that contact lenses bring. The Stahl Eye Center which has been serving patients for more than 35 years, provides world-class physicians that have the finest credentials and training and treat problems ranging from the routine to complex surgical cases. So visit their website at http://www.stahleyecenter.com and say good bye to those old glasses of yours and those contact lenses.
Monday, December 28, 2009
Thursday, December 24, 2009
As usual we celebrated Christmas with no firecrackers. Here in Davao City, firecrackers are banned. Its a good thing though, less expenses, no injuries and accident and best of all, you dont have to clean the mess the firecrackers left the following day. So instead of firecrackers we rented a videoke machine. Yup we just sang our throats out for the whole evening. Then came eating time, my favorite of all hahahaha. Look at that delicious lechon wow my favorite (calories and fats and all). Well Merry Christmas to all my friends out there.
Monday, December 14, 2009
Are you a dog lover? do you have a pet puppy in your house? I saw in a TV sitcom once of a man showing some trick done by his dog, well sounds familiar, but there's one thing that caught my interest the dog that is doing all those neat tricks is not your typical house dog or dogs that are high breed/purebreeds such as a Dalmatian, Poodle or a Golden Retriever. Its what Filipinos call ASKAL or Asong Kalye or Street Dog. Yup its street dog but it can do such great tricks. The secret? its how you train your dog when its still a puppy. Here is a site that can really help you in that aspect. The site is Puppy Training Guide. The site teaches you on basic dog commands such as sit, lay down, fetch and more. But aside from the basic it will also help you in training you puppy to behave. Believe me its worth it. You don't want your puppy eating your favorite slipper or shoes or digging holes on your front lawn. Click the link Puppy Training Guide, train your puppy now.
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Oh yes, you read it right. I read this one article last week and found it very interesting since most article usually tackles about how to care for our health, how to live long. But not this one this deals on how to die young hahahaha.
1. Eat what you want. You are what you eat. Since your concern is to die younger, eat anything, especially those cholesterol laden foods such as cheese, egg yolks, beef, pork, chicken and shrimp. Cholesterol is not present in plant based food sources unless it has been added during the food's preparation.
Excess cholesterol settles along arterial walls and that excess can clog arteries and restrict blood flow leading to angina pain, heart attack or stroke. Cholesterol is also a leading cause of gallstones.
2. Drink like there's no tomorrow. Alcohol drinking is a big part of people merry making activities. Beer is an essential part of parties. Even when there is no special occasions, many people hang together in the streets or their houses drinking gin and tonic, which is considerably cheaper alcoholic drink.
Among physical health effects associated with alcohol consumption include cirrhosis of the liver, pancreatitis, epilepsy, polyneuropathy, alcoholic dementia, heart disease, increased chance of cancer, nutritional deficiencies, sexual dysfunction, and even death.
3. Drive like crazy. "If you drive, don't drink. If you drink, don't drive" It is a known fact that driving while intoxicated or drunk is dangerous. In the United States, alcohol us estimated to play a role in 39 percent of vehicle related deaths and to cost $51 billion annually.
4. Puff a smoke every now and then. A custom loathsome to the eye, hateful to the nose, harmful to the brain, dangerous to the lungs. Today there is 100 percent proof that smoking is indeed harmful.
Smoking causes lung cancer, emphysema, heart attacks, osteoporosis, peptic ulcer and reproductive problems like impotence. Whenever smoke passes, it spreads its deadly trademark: starting from the mouth where it causes oral cancer, then cancer of the vocal cords, then cancer of the esophagus and finally lung cancer.
5. Disregard regular medical checkup. There are several medical check ups that a person should undergo to maintain well being. For medical history, vital statistics are height, weight, blood pressure, heart rate, breathing rate. Routine blood and urine test are done to check things like cholesterol and blood sugar levels. Heart examination is conducted to check heart rate while breathing test is carried out to check lung capacity which can be affected by smoking, asthma or other conditions.
Two test that men under the age of 40 should undergo are prostate examination and testicular examination.
For women, the two most often recommended test are breast cancer screening and pap smear.
6. Stop thinking about exercise. "Those who think they have no time for bodily exercise will sooner or later found time for illness," said Edward Stanley. A study published in the Archives of Internal Medicine reported that 30 minutes of walking daily brings as much risk reduction for heart attacks as a high intensity exercise program.
There are more benefits you can get from exercise. It can prevent you staying away from chronic illnesses such as diabetes and even some cancers. It does stabilize your blood pressure and cholesterol level. Also exercise can excrete the toxic waste from your body through sweating.
7. Greet stress with gladness. If you've been sick lately, suspect stress. Some doctors say that as many as nine of ten visits to the doctor may be related to stress. That includes everything from allergies and asthma to herpes and heart disease.
Now if that little bit of news isn't stressing enough, there are also those traffic jams and long lines, jerky bosses and inept workers, too much to do and too little time to do it. And don;t forget unemployment, pollution, crime and separation.
Stress is a biological term which refers to the consequences of the failure of a person to respond appropriately to emotional or physical threats, whether actual or imagined. Maybe sounds a little overdramatic, but the reality is that excessive, untreated stress can actually kill you.
Now if you want to live longer, do exactly the opposite.
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Me and my wife are about to go home from work. When something caught my attention, it was a Christmas Lantern. But it was not just your ordinary Christmas Lantern, this lantern was made of straw, yup straw the one we used to drink from those bottled soft drinks we like. You just have to praise this guys creativity for having to use this type of materials and use it to create such a work of art.